Review Search

Category:
Keywords:

Review Detail

2018_Rising_Gamay_700x
Gamay May 20, 2020
2019 Rising Gamay
Wine Rating 
 
94

This is a stylish wine with a lot of thought going into its creation. 20% of the whole bunches were crushed by foot and the remaining 80% included in a closed ferment, with the grapes macerated for 10 days prior to pressing to old oak barrels.This is where fermentation finished and the wine was aged for a further 5 months.

The nose is awash with roasting herbs, amongst brambly rhubarb and black cherry fruit. The palate has crunch with a mineral line of acidity that lets savoury, earthen black cherry frame the wine. The finish enjoys a build of texture, with polished tannins giving contrast to just ripe raspberry fruit.

When to Drink

Optimal Drinking
2020-2030
Date Reviewed
05 17, 2020

Comments

Already have an account?